With over 30 years of experience we have learned a lot of what works.
Below you will find articles and industry findings that we thought interesting enough to share with you…just another way we are here for our customers.
For Greener Grass
- Using weather-based irrigation scheduling on a moderate-sized yard can save up to 20% of water per day.
- The best time to water your yard is predawn, when winds are calm and temperatures are cool.
- Grass doesn’t need to be watered every day; make sure your lawn really needs it before irrigating. If you can stick a screw driver into your lawn easily—don’t water!
- Converting to a water-efficient landscape through proper choice of plants and careful design can reduce outdoor water use by 20 to 50 percent.
Water More Efficiently
- Apply mulch around shrubs and garden plants to reduce evaporation.
- Adjust your watering schedule regularly to conform with seasonal weather conditions.
- Schedule individual zones in your irrigation system to account for the type of sprinkler, sun or shade exposure, and soil type of that zone.
- Inspect your irrigation system monthly for leaks, broken or clogged heads, and other problems, or engage an irrigation professional to regularly check your system.
- Use “Smart” controllers to evaluate weather or soil moisture conditions, and program your irrigation schedule to meet the specific needs of your landscape.
- Use rain shutoff switches to compensate for natural rainfall.
- Install low-volume micro-irrigation for gardens, trees, and shrubs to minimize evaporation, runoff, and overspray.
Please follow us on Facebook for another way to stay more informed.